Clean Up After a House Fire
After a house fire, the living room floor was filled with the fallen ceiling and insulation from the attic, SERVPRO removed all the debris. The home is now ready to remodel after the fire.
Make sure to teach your family about what to do in the event of a fire..
The American Red Cross has some tips to help prepare for house fires:
- Install the right number of smoke alarms. Test them once a month and replace batteries at lease once a year.
- Teach children what smoke alarms sound like and what to do when they hear one.
- Ensure that all household members know two ways to escape from every room of your house and know the family meeting spot outside of your home.
- Establish a family emergency communications plan and ensure that all household members know who to contact if they cannot find one another.
- Practice escaping from your home at least twice a year. Press the smoke alarm test button or yell "Fire" to alert everyone that they must get out.
- Make sure everyone knows how to call 9-1-1
- Teach household members to STOP, DROP and ROLL if their clothes should catch on fire.